127 W. 127th Street, Suite. 432, Harlem, NY 10027
THIS IS A PAST EVENT!
Responding to Domestic Violence in Communities of Faith: 2- day training for Religious leaders, Spiritual Activists and All People of Faith
Communities of faith and their leaders have the potential to play a significant role in helping to prevent and eliminate family violence. This course is designed to help religious leaders, lay leaders and seminarians to:
- Gain a basic understanding of the complex dynamics of intimate partner abuse and effects on individuals, families and communities.
- Learn about intervention strategies: practices and resources needed to help keep victim/survivors safe, and abusers accountable.
- Explore approaches to the challenging pastoral, theological and spiritual issues that abuse and violence in the family raise.
- Develop strategies for how you and your community of faith can play a critical role in breaking the silence and preventing domestic violence.
- Co-Facilitated by CONNECT Co-Executive Directors: Rev. Dr. Sally MacNichol and Quentin Walcott
Thursdays, December 3rd and 10th, 2015
9:30am – 4:30p.m.
CONTACT Rev. Dr. Sally MacNichol at email@example.com to register