Many young and teenage victims and survivors of family violence feel powerless. They often suffer in silence because they lack a support system within the community that provides understanding and nurturing. CONNECT Youth is dedicated to empowering them with tools that encourage healing and enable them to become active community members and positive support systems for each other.
CONNECT Youth consists of two youth-based groups: Girls Empowerment and Transitioning into Men that provide safe spaces for young victims of abuse and enable them to transform their lives and gain confidence for the future.
Girls Empowerment helps girls to:
• find their voices
• create positive self-images
• take leadership positions in their schools and communities to teach others how to respond to and prevent abuse
Transitioning into Men works with young men to end violence against women and girls. Making men allies in this effort, the program encourages men to:
• examine the cultural beliefs about race, class and gender that lead to violence
• understand teen dating violence and other types of violence
• develop safe and healthy relationships
Click here for additional resources.